(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Toilet in ERROR i really need help with this one.

Arrow Toilet in ERROR i really need help with this one.

Ok, so I have a task for whoever thinks they are up to it. I purchased two Cadet 3 Flowise toilets. They were both working absolutely fine. Until I woke up at 3 in the morning listening to a bubble gurgling sound. The toilet was actually bubbling and when I flushed it filled all the way up. Now I know what you are thinking CLOG. Nope wrong. both I and a pro plumber used and inspection snake on both toilets and both vents to see nothing is this a defect in the toilets? It really get bad when taking a shower and flushing the opposite toilet. Here is a video I made call Toilet In ERROR and some pictures seem like is waste in the toilet. There is not I don't know if it is a glaze or what. Please help the smell is bad. Side not Septic was also pumped because this made me think it was fully. and both toilets are completely level. Enjoy "Toilets In ERROR" hope you can help.

Test, Don't Guess! cacher_chick's Avatar

April fool's was yesterday dude. There is no way for a toilet to fill to the rim unless there is something blocking the trap way. It is physically impossible.

Exclamation I am not joking

Quote Originally Posted by cacher_chick View Post
    April fool's was yesterday dude. There is no way for a toilet to fill to the rim unless there is something blocking the trap way. It is physically impossible.
    Maybe its air or something because I ran an inspection camera down there myself and so did a plumber he told me he does not know that its some fluke.

Are the toilets mounted back-to-back? If so, what fitting was used?

I picked this up from your comment about flushing the "opposite toilet".

Oh, no they are on different ends of the house but if I flush the one far away from the septic the closer one bubbles then drains same if I am in the shower away from the septic.

Test, Don't Guess! cacher_chick's Avatar

Without knowing how the DWV in the home is layed out, we would only be guessing. There is one thing that is for sure, and that is that the new toilets are not the cause of the problem.

It sounds as if main drain is blocked,before it gets to septic. If you flush opposite toilet and the other toilet fills. The waste has nowhere else to go. Is your shower backing up as well?

Default Not exactly

Quote Originally Posted by joemcl View Post
    It sounds as if main drain is blocked,before it gets to septic. If you flush opposite toilet and the other toilet fills. The waste has nowhere else to go. Is your shower backing up as well?
    Well the bathtub and shower do not backup but they do may a gargling sound. Especially when either toilet is flushed.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Each trap should be vented. Gurgling sometimes implies one of a couple of things: there is a main line (partial) clog, or the vent could be blocked. If it is installed improperly, that can happen, especially if you've been plunging a toilet. Could be a bird's nest, a trapped squirrel, or something plugging the vent. Might need a trip to the roof or someone with a good snake. How long since the tank was pumped?
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jadnashua View Post
    Each trap should be vented. Gurgling sometimes implies one of a couple of things: there is a main line (partial) clog, or the vent could be blocked. If it is installed improperly, that can happen, especially if you've been plunging a toilet. Could be a bird's nest, a trapped squirrel, or something plugging the vent. Might need a trip to the roof or someone with a good snake. How long since the tank was pumped?
    About a week the I paid and extra 65$ for them to blow the lines clean I don't know if the vent pipe was covered probably just the main line. This weekend I will get on the roof and try to snake it out.