Softener Settings Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

djbarber2

Reaction score
I am getting ready to set up my water softener. We have 2-1/2 baths, 2 adults and 2 kids on well water. Our water hardness is 31 gpg with trace amounts of iron (post greensand filter). I think our flow rate is around 3 GPM (filled up 3 gallon pale in bathtub). We have high chloride in our water due to highway salt contamination (chlorides check 436 MG/L), so I am forced to use potassium for our regen salt (currently working with state DOT to get remediation...likely be drilling new well in a year or so). I just purchased a Fleck 7000sxt 2 cu ft. softener, vortech tank with SST-60 resin to minimize potassium usage. Water softener will be installed after the iron filter. Hoping someone can recommend settings for this softener. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks