Pics of my Champion 4, GoKohlerGo

Users who are viewing this thread

GoKohlerGo

Brand New Plumber
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my AS Champion 4. Sorry about the mess in the room, it is in my little brother's room since I didn't have enough room in my room to put it because my room is so small. He doesn't like that its there. Round bowl champion- image.jpg4 inch flush valve
image.jpginside the bowl-image.jpgtrapway-image.jpg it is uninstalled. What do you think of it?

Last edited:

Joe Six Pack

Reaction score
So...........you put thet toietl in your brudhers room? Doex he lik tatht?

doxen't seem much wather in teh bwol. why!?

GoKohlerGo

Brand New Plumber
Reaction score
So...........you put thet toietl in your brudhers room? Doex he lik tatht?

doxen't seem much wather in teh bwol. why!?
He doesn't really care, but he says he doesn't really want it there. The reason there is no water in the bowl is because it isn't installed. It is going to be on my testing rig outside in the summer.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
He doesn't really care, but he says he doesn't really want it there. The reason there is no water in the bowl is because it isn't installed. It is going to be on my testing rig outside in the summer.
that's a great place for a toilet. What gets tested on that rig?

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
Looks almost like the cadet 3 does anyone know how much difference in power it makes from the 3 to 4?

Wptski

Retired Machine Repairman
Reaction score
Yes, I guess I should have worded that differently, the place where the water comes out of the tank is 3 1/2" when I measured it.
I don't understand why they make that hole that big? The instructions for a Korky 5030 or 3" flush valve state if that hole is over 3 7/16", you add a "O" ring just above the threads on valve. Even 3 7/16" is way more than needed and the seal on the inside of the tank has less area to put pressure on.

GoKohlerGo

Brand New Plumber
Reaction score
I don't understand why they make that hole that big? The instructions for a Korky 5030 or 3" flush valve state if that hole is over 3 7/16", you add a "O" ring just above the threads on valve. Even 3 7/16" is way more than needed and the seal on the inside of the tank has less area to put pressure on.

Yeah, seems kind of strange that they would make it 3 1/2" instead of just 3"...

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
The 3" has a 3" flush valve
The 4 has a 3" flush valve with a funnel on top.
Both tanks have a 3" outlet.

See how that works?

TOTO came out with class four.
So Kohler came out with class five.
The Eljer Titan leapfrogged to class seven
And then Kohler came out with class six to fil out the slots.
Toto had a 3" flapper, so American Standard came out with one, but Koher had class five 3-1/4", so American Standard put of a" flapper on top of it's 3" flush valve.
Kohler didn't really like it's 3-1/4" flapper, so now it's using a 2" +/- flush valve with a cannister. That's the new class five.
Confused yet?
TOTO also calls theirs, G-Max, Power Gravity, E-Max, all with 3" flush valves. And then of course there is Dual-Max.

But wait...........then you look at trapway design too. Nobody is naming them yet. Though TOTO has what the call a double siphon on thiers.

Some of the benifits are real, and some are marketing. You have to weed through it to find your preference. The newer bowls are all improved over the old stuff.

Its probably just for marketing purposes, just like TV'S with 120 Hz it almost the same as 600 Hz the difference is the quality of the panel not the speed. So I am assuming this is what it is I wonder if it is worth the money, I herd that it was plagued with problems maybe its because of the funnel design. Everyone wants to be the best.

GoKohlerGo

Brand New Plumber
Reaction score
Its probably just for marketing purposes, just like TV'S with 120 Hz it almost the same as 600 Hz the difference is the quality of the panel not the speed. So I am assuming this is what it is I wonder if it is worth the money, I herd that it was plagued with problems maybe its because of the funnel design. Everyone wants to be the best.
I have used a Champion 4 with the funnel, and I think it flushed better than the Drake. I will put my Champion 4 outside for testing in the summer and I will make a video of it an i will put it on here.

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
I have used a Champion 4 with the funnel, and I think it flushed better than the Drake. I will put my Champion 4 outside for testing in the summer and I will make a video of it an i will put it on here.

sounds great, i want to see if it flushes like the cadet 3 flowise it almost looks the same.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks