(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Pics of my Champion 4, GoKohlerGo

  1. #1
    Brand New Plumber GoKohlerGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    65

    Default Pics of my Champion 4, GoKohlerGo

    Here are some pictures of my AS Champion 4. Sorry about the mess in the room, it is in my little brother's room since I didn't have enough room in my room to put it because my room is so small. He doesn't like that its there. Round bowl champion- Name:  image.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  47.0 KB4 inch flush valve
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  36.0 KBinside the bowl-Name:  image.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  34.4 KBtrapway-Name:  image.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  44.4 KB it is uninstalled. What do you think of it?
    Last edited by GoKohlerGo; 04-01-2013 at 09:57 AM. Reason: More words
    Am now a plumber! GoKohlerGo!

  2. #2
    DIY Member Joe Six Pack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Anchorage AK
    Posts
    31

    Default

    So...........you put thet toietl in your brudhers room? Doex he lik tatht?

    doxen't seem much wather in teh bwol. why!?
    Joe Six Pack

  3. #3
    Brand New Plumber GoKohlerGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Six Pack View Post
    So...........you put thet toietl in your brudhers room? Doex he lik tatht?

    doxen't seem much wather in teh bwol. why!?
    He doesn't really care, but he says he doesn't really want it there. The reason there is no water in the bowl is because it isn't installed. It is going to be on my testing rig outside in the summer.
    Am now a plumber! GoKohlerGo!

  4. #4
    DIY Senior Member BobL43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoKohlerGo View Post
    He doesn't really care, but he says he doesn't really want it there. The reason there is no water in the bowl is because it isn't installed. It is going to be on my testing rig outside in the summer.
    that's a great place for a toilet. What gets tested on that rig?
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

  5. #5
    Brand New Plumber GoKohlerGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobL43 View Post
    that's a great place for a toilet. What gets tested on that rig?
    Well, not much. Just flushing washcloths, toilet paper, etc.
    Am now a plumber! GoKohlerGo!

  6. #6
    DIY Member Joe Six Pack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Anchorage AK
    Posts
    31

    Default

    So warsh clotehs.
    does it clean golfe ballz if yu therew em in with clothes.? TAhtre we xhe hamdyt.
    Joe Six Pack

  7. #7
    Brand New Plumber GoKohlerGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Six Pack View Post
    So warsh clotehs.
    does it clean golfe ballz if yu therew em in with clothes.? TAhtre we xhe hamdyt.
    Well, not sure if it will clean them, would be cool!
    Am now a plumber! GoKohlerGo!

  8. #8

    Default

    Looks almost like the cadet 3 does anyone know how much difference in power it makes from the 3 to 4?

  9. #9
    Retired Machine Repairman wptski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoKohlerGo View Post
    Yes, I guess I should have worded that differently, the place where the water comes out of the tank is 3 1/2" when I measured it.
    I don't understand why they make that hole that big? The instructions for a Korky 5030 or 3" flush valve state if that hole is over 3 7/16", you add a "O" ring just above the threads on valve. Even 3 7/16" is way more than needed and the seal on the inside of the tank has less area to put pressure on.
    Bill
    Retired Machine Repairman
    Just a DIY'r

  10. #10
    Brand New Plumber GoKohlerGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wptski View Post
    I don't understand why they make that hole that big? The instructions for a Korky 5030 or 3" flush valve state if that hole is over 3 7/16", you add a "O" ring just above the threads on valve. Even 3 7/16" is way more than needed and the seal on the inside of the tank has less area to put pressure on.
    Yeah, seems kind of strange that they would make it 3 1/2" instead of just 3"...
    Am now a plumber! GoKohlerGo!

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    The 3" has a 3" flush valve
    The 4 has a 3" flush valve with a funnel on top.
    Both tanks have a 3" outlet.

    See how that works?

    TOTO came out with class four.
    So Kohler came out with class five.
    The Eljer Titan leapfrogged to class seven
    And then Kohler came out with class six to fil out the slots.
    Toto had a 3" flapper, so American Standard came out with one, but Koher had class five 3-1/4", so American Standard put of a" flapper on top of it's 3" flush valve.
    Kohler didn't really like it's 3-1/4" flapper, so now it's using a 2" +/- flush valve with a cannister. That's the new class five.
    Confused yet?
    TOTO also calls theirs, G-Max, Power Gravity, E-Max, all with 3" flush valves. And then of course there is Dual-Max.

    But wait...........then you look at trapway design too. Nobody is naming them yet. Though TOTO has what the call a double siphon on thiers.

    Some of the benifits are real, and some are marketing. You have to weed through it to find your preference. The newer bowls are all improved over the old stuff.
    Its probably just for marketing purposes, just like TV'S with 120 Hz it almost the same as 600 Hz the difference is the quality of the panel not the speed. So I am assuming this is what it is I wonder if it is worth the money, I herd that it was plagued with problems maybe its because of the funnel design. Everyone wants to be the best.

  12. #12
    Brand New Plumber GoKohlerGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Fields View Post
    Its probably just for marketing purposes, just like TV'S with 120 Hz it almost the same as 600 Hz the difference is the quality of the panel not the speed. So I am assuming this is what it is I wonder if it is worth the money, I herd that it was plagued with problems maybe its because of the funnel design. Everyone wants to be the best.
    I have used a Champion 4 with the funnel, and I think it flushed better than the Drake. I will put my Champion 4 outside for testing in the summer and I will make a video of it an i will put it on here.
    Am now a plumber! GoKohlerGo!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoKohlerGo View Post
    I have used a Champion 4 with the funnel, and I think it flushed better than the Drake. I will put my Champion 4 outside for testing in the summer and I will make a video of it an i will put it on here.
    sounds great, i want to see if it flushes like the cadet 3 flowise it almost looks the same.

Similar Threads

  1. New Champion 4
    By C@TCH in forum Toilet Forum discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 12:03 PM
  2. Champion Toilets
    By fozzy12 in forum Toilet Forum discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 09:53 AM
  3. Champion Toilets
    By fozzy12 in forum Toilet Forum discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 03:48 PM
  4. What about the AS Champion 4?
    By Daddybob in forum Toilet Forum discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 12:19 PM
  5. If AS Champion is bad, what do I get for my kids
    By La Canada in forum Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 02:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •