Takagi TK3 No hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

tpsmak

Reaction score
Alright.. I need some help. My TK3 just stopped making hot water. Here are some facts about what is going on...

#1-No blinking LED unless the hot water is turned on at the faucet.. then it just blinks once every few seconds.. nothing continuous.
#2-Fan blows when hot water is turned on at the faucet.
#3-The unit was working fine this morning after I descaled it yesterday. We have done 2 loads of laundry and my wife took a shower this morning and it was all fine till now
#4-Initially I found a lose wire that may have caused the fan to not blow. After I wiggled it a bit the fan now works..

Does any one have any suggestions?

Mike

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Buy the remote control unit (~$100 order of magnitude) and install it- it'll spit a code (interpretations found on page 26 in the manual) of the sensed error that caused it to shut down. One blink means it either couldn't read the dipswitch setting or there is something wrong with the computer board (or it's connections.) I'm not sure how susceptible the TK3 is to power surges (probably fairly robust), but induced voltage spikes from lighting strikes or extreme switching noise on power lines can do-in just about anything.

Takagi's technical help line is fairly DIY-friendly and will talk homeowners through the diagnostics without an hourly charge: 888.882.5244

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks