Drip Irrigation Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

tsingh

Reaction score
I put together a drip irrigation system that looks as follows.
1 - From a garden spigot => small lead hose => multi connector manifold => timer valve (attached to an orbit timer) => 20 psi pressure regulator => pvc adapter => hose connector => 1/2 inch drip irrigation hose => connector => 1/4 inch drip irrigation tubing => 1/2 gph red drip emitter.

2 - The half inch tube runs around the garden as follow

26 feet straight (part 1) => elbow connector => 5 feet (part 2) => 30 feet straight (part 3).

3 - I have for 1/2 gph emitters towards the end of part 1 and one sprinkler type emitter towards the end of part 3.

When I turn the system on (I have the spigot turned on only ust a little bit), either manually or automatically for 1 minute..the 4 1/2 gph emitters are spraying a stream of water instead of dripping.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Here is a picture of the system.

IMG_20130330_110831.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
YOU can't do anything "wrong" with a drip system. Either the emitters need to be adjusted or they are defective, or they are designed to emit a "stream" in order to deliver that gph.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
He has a flow control pressure regulator at the connection to the water line. The thing he DOESN'T have is a backflow preventer on the hose faucet, which is a universal requirement.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks