My curbless steam shower project

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I had a shower recently where the Aquadefense bubbled like in some of the photos I saw on this thread. From what I'm reading, am I correct in believing this is caused by putting the AD on to thick? My shower didn't leak during the water test, but it sure didn't look right. It looked like it had blisters all over it. I would appreciate any insite you can offer

We stopped using Aqua Defence because of the bubbling issues. Switched out to a cementious membrane called Ardex 8+9. I'm pretty sure the bubbling is a result of the product drying to fast or the job site being to warm. I would not use the product unless your temperature was between 15-22 degrees celsius or 59-72 F.

The video you posted shower king does not show the 7-28 day wait before using the liquid membrane over the new grading extensions. The video also shows cutting the membrane around the drain wrong.

Watch out for the liquids! JW

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks