control box

Users who are viewing this thread

85ray

Reaction score
I just had pump and pressure tank installed at my new property now I need to wire breaker the deluxe 3hp control box and pressure switch I am confused the pump directions say different from control box. Its a Gould's 3hp pump and Gould's or Franklin deluxe control box. I see where the red yellow black go from the well my question is from my 240v breaker do I run those wires into the control box? Then from the control box the sw and l1 go to the pressure switch plus the ground. Is that right? There will be two empty slots on the switch

85ray

Reaction score
On the control box I have sw,L1,L2,r,y,b that's it I might have the colors wrong I don't have box in front of me and I didn't see any markings on pressure switch

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The switch should have four screws for four wires and two pairs of contacts. One wire from the breaker L1 goes to one side of a contact. From there it goes to the motor M1 from the other side of the same contact if no control box is used, or to the L1 of the control box. Repeat for L2/M2/L2.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Here is a schematic from the Goulds service manual.

wiring.jpg

85ray

Reaction score
The well guys left it there wasent a manual just a diagram. Its a deluxe 3hp controlcontrol box with a few difernt things inside but 6 connections

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't install a lot of these deluxe boxes, but if memory serves me right you only need to use one side of the pressure switch to control the pump with the deluxe box.

85ray

Reaction score
That's what I have. so if I hook the control box up like what the diagram says ill be good? The SW goes to the load contact in the pressure swich and L2 goes to the line

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
L1 and L2 from the breaker straight to the L1 and L2 in the control box. Then you can use two wires and a ground as small as #18 to go from L2 and SW in the control box to one side of the pressure switch. If the points ever go bad, you can switch the wires and use the other side.

85ray

Reaction score
Thanks vavleman I thought I had to run bigger wire to the pressure switch after breakfast here I will wire that part up thanks for everyones help

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks