How to acurately determinng flow rate

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom3holer

Reaction score
Hi,

Posted here several times before and am amazied by the excelllent help and advice. Thanks.

I have a newly installed system that is giving me fits. First off it is way oversized.
I do not see the D/T's that are expected and suspect flow rates in both the primary and secondary.
Some of the zones have hidden plumbing in my old, 1860, home and determining the head is difficult.
Is there a way to accurately read flow rates in zones and in the primary circuit?
Are there pumps that you can dial in the desired flow rate? I see the Grundfos 15-55 shows a GPM reading on the face, but don't seem to read in the specs that you can actually dial in the gpm you want. There are flow meters but it seems they have to be plumbed into each line/zone. Costly and time consumig.

Thanks for any advice.

Tom

BadgerBoilerMN

Hydronic Heating Designer
Reaction score
Website
www.badgerboilerservice.com
Who installed the system?

Most must rely on temperature differential and pipe size to fix the flow. Some ModCons can be adjusted for gross output. The problem often lies in minimum unfortunately. We will need pictures, zones, boiler etc.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks