American Standard Tank#4072 tank to bowl gasket

Users who are viewing this thread

badreligion9265

Reaction score
As the title states I'm wondering if the tank to bowl gasket inside of the fluid master complete repair kit will fit my toilet(AS TANK# 4072). Here is a link to the kit I'm referring to. American standard told me the part number for my tank to bowl gasket was 047188-0070A not sure if that helps but in case it does thought I'd provide it. Thanks.

http://www.fluidmaster.com/our-prod...et-parts/complete-toilet-tank-repair-kit.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Wptski

Retired Machine Repairman
Reaction score
I don't remember my tank part number right now but it's a Cadet 3 1.6gpf 10" rough in which had a leaky tank right out of the box. I bought the FM 3" flush valve just in case the replacement tank leaked also. I used the flush valve gasket from the kit. I can tell you that the FM sponge gasket under the tank wasn't the same height. IIRC correctly it's taller and I used the OEM. I have it and can measure it if you care to know.

bbecker56

Reaction score
I have an American Standard 4014 Cadet. I can see that the ace gasket is too tall because the tank won't sit right on the base. Consequently, it leaks. (excuse my novice vocabulary.) Can I use the fluidmaster thinner gasket or do I need the thicker one like the Ace? The thinner gasket & washer is 3-1/4 o.d., 2-1/8 i.d., and 9/16 thick. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks