No floor drain for softener

Users who are viewing this thread

Tyler Padgitt

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got a Marlo water softener. I have no floor drain for it and send the discharge overhead. What should I do for the brine tank overflow line? Stick it in a 5 gallon bucket?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Most systems use a timed refill and include a safety float in the brine tank for proper redundancy to prevent water from overfilling the brine tank due to a power failure during refill, or a leaking and worn brine valve.

The gravity overflow is rarely connected unless the system is installed in a highly water sensitive area.

Softeners should not typically be installed in highly water sensitive areas without proper floor drainage in case of a leak.

Tyler Padgitt

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that a Marlo Water Softener has a Fleck head? I was told it does.. Or at least that Fleck makes the heads they use?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks