Kohler Villager being used in a basement bath remodel, drain and trap in concrete

Users who are viewing this thread

Father of 4

Reaction score
New member here, have learned much in the past couple hours...thanks for the information on the Kohler Villager tub! I have done a few bath reomodels, but never before have I tackled a cast iron tub install!

I have two questions...the prior fiberglass shower/tub combo was raised up on a 2x6 so that it was 5 1/2" higher than floor level. I have no wiggle room with the tub drain, there is no way to get the existing drain lower than the 2 1/2" it currently sets at. Since it's on concrete, I can think of no way of getting the new Villager tub installed without raising it up on some sort of platform as well. That said, I'm thinking of a ledger on the back wall at about 4" higher than "normal" and some sort of support (masonry?) in the front that will get it raised up the same height in front.

Second, have you found that the 1 5/8" required distance from wet wall to middle of drain is required or can I alter the drain in some way to use the drain that I currently have (again, in concrete) where it is at? the current distance from the roughed in wet wall to the middle of the drain is 2 5/8".

Thanks in advance for any input you can give!

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Concrete cuts like butter with the right tools.

Without seeing what you have to work with, it's hard to give you any advice on what your options are.

Father of 4

Reaction score
If my possible solution doesn't work, I'll get a pic uploaded...what I relized is that I could cut the overflow pipe and put in a 1 1/2 flexible/telescoping fitting (the thin plastic stuff, not sure what it's called) and it would allow me to get the overflow an inch closer to the tub than it would normally be. I'll find out this afternoon as I am going to give this a try.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks