Fleck 5600SXT vs Fleck 7000SXT

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Time to find either a different vendor, or a different valve - whichever makes you more comfortable.

Dittohead is off at the WQA show this - I don't know if he'll be checking the forum regularly or not.

http://s36.a2zinc.net/clients/wqa/wqa13/public/MainHall.aspx?ID=1533&sortMenu=101000

Definitely a different vendor. I trust dittohead fully, I just think it's weird that people have that perception. Guess he was being as helpful as he could with the information he has, though. :p

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
IMO ditto goes by what he is told by his distributors and some whinny dealers he knows while he is always very CA PC..

Many dealers settle problems without telling their distributor about them or asking them for help, because they'd rather not go through the hassle they usually get from many distributors.

The 7000 was released the beginning of 2005 and had problems for some time before they were 'fixed'. I sold my first on Feb 2, 2005 and had many problems with them until I stopped selling them a little over a year later. There have been problems since then and most recently was the worst requiring a recall and production to cease. And that is still not back to full bore.

The 5600 and 2510 or Clack's WS-1 have not had problems with the exception of the WS-1 having a few bad circuit boards way back in the early 2000s and they were replaced and the problem corrected very quickly. I had 3-4 and Clack shipped replacements to my customers and the customer then shipped the bad one back to Clack. I guess they replaced their distributors' boards on their inventory but don't know for sure but I didn't have any more problems and I was selling a lot of WS-1s.

That dealer you heard from didn't get anything but a new valve and has to eat the expense of going out to his customer to replace a valve or, if he is an internet dealer, shipping a new one to his customer and telling them what and how to do a valve replacement etc. and then getting the old bad back to ship it back to his distributor. Then wait while the distributor sends it back to Fleck and the dist. waits until Fleck says the valve is bad before the dist. gets a credit or new valve and gives the dealer a credit or refund. All due to bad quality control at Fleck's plant. Ditto has never mentioned any of that behind the scenes stuff and makes it all sound like a bit of a hiccup that hell, everyone involved should smile their way through.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks