Advice on **converting** a Toto Promenade to Right Flush

Users who are viewing this thread

Speede541

Reaction score
In our very compact half bath, I'm looking for an equally compact round bowl (26" depth + close wall spacing is a major attraction), ADA height, eco-type flush, right-hand flush lever.

My choices are VERY limited in round bowls at ADA heights. They're seemingly non-existent for a right hand lever.

Toto's Eco Promenade is #1 on my list. I love its reputation, quietness, and look, and it matches our Toto lavatory. But it not only has no right-hand option, the lever is literally tucked away around a 90 degree bend, pointing down, on the side of the tank, basically hidden from any guests (this side of the tank would be about 5 inches away from the wall).

I emailed Toto's excellent customer service, and of course, they have no right-hand tank options.

I asked about modifying the tank myself, at my own risk, but they don't any parts to recommend to make this conversion.

So I'm curious... the innards must be similar to the Drake (available in a right hand configuration), so do any of you with experience with this toilet see this as a relatively straight-forward conversion I can make? Heck, I'd even settle for a left-hand but front facing lever configuration! (I'm pretty confident I can drill the appropriately sized hole with my Dremel, and plug the existing hole adequately since it's in an out of view location).

I appreciate any and all advice, including other toilets that might fit my requirements.

BTW, the other three toilets in the house are elongated bowl Gerber Dual Flush 318 models, which have been working great for four years, but when standing at the sink in this particular bathroom, my leg is about an inch from the nose of the bowl. They're also just a touch loud for a guest bathroom, especially one that's just a window pane away from out patio, and the up/down flush lever leads to occasional (unnecessary) confusion.

Thanks!!

Speede541

Reaction score
Color me astonished.

I found the Promenade parts diagram (in front of my face this entire time) and was pleasantly shocked that, rather than a canister of some sort, there's only a very normal looking flapper valve. It looks like the flush lever & rod are reversible, made even easier by the squareness of the tank.

So I'll buy this thing, take a stab at drilling a hole in it, and post back in a few weeks with pics of my work. With a voided Toto warranty, of course! :D

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
They do make the Drake with a Right Hand tank
The tank is a ST743SR

If you modify the Pomenade, keet in mind it's a square hole, not round for the handle. If care is taken, it should be doable. After all, we cut holes in porcelain for shower work all the time. I use a tile router on those after I've drilled some starter holes.

If the hole on the left side is against the wall and not being looked at, you could just leave it.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks