need help with Whirlpool tub

Users who are viewing this thread

dafichter

Reaction score
100_0851.jpg

I bought Oasis Whirlpool tub several years ago. Due to health reasons I did not intall it. Now I am remodeling my bathroom and I want to intall it. I do not have the directions anymore. I contacted Oasis and they send me directions but they for a different model tub (mine is discontinued). The directions are for a tub that has no platform attached to the base. There is a platform attached to the base of my tub. The platform is as big as the ledge (lip) of the tub.
Do I need to put blocks under the base? If not, how do I shim it?100_0849.jpg
Also, do I instal the drain first or do I frame the tub and then intall the drain? Any suggestions abut framing it? It will be set against two walls and I will build a wall in the frongt and on the side. I have experience with home improvement and plumbing, but this is the first whirlpool tub that I install.
Thanks

Just to clarify-the first photo is from underneath the platform. Thanks again.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would at least put a ledger board at the back, and have a framed wall at the front.
You can set the ledger and the front wall to level, a little higher to lift the tub above the floor, and then set several piles of mortar down, set the tub down on those and let the mortar squish out. When dry, those will support the base of the tub. You can't hang the tub from the top unless it's also supported from the bottom of the tub.
If you plan to shower there and tile around the tub, you will need some flanges at the wall to divert water back into the tub. Those can be installed with Silicone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks