Need help with a Price Pfister shower faucet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pierre T

Reaction score
Hi all. I hope you can help me with a problem I've had for a while in my bathroom shower. A few years ago I was having a problem with hot water coming out the cold water taps. It turned out the problem was a bathroom sink faucet, but the maintenance man our complex sent out didn't figure that out. His solution to the problem was to reef on the faucet so hard it broke. He reached inside with a screwdriver and shut off the flow so he could replace the valve. Problem is two-fold now. First, he no longer works here so I can't ask him what he did. Second, I have no idea what part I'm looking at.

Can you help me find out what the part and model number is in case it needs totally replacing, and can you tell me where the flow shut-off is so I can re-open them.

There are two gate valves before the shower valve, but I don't see how he could have accessed them to shut them off.

I have taken some pictures to help you identify the part.

The black hose is the drain from the A/C.
Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,895
  • 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 457
  • 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 521
  • 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 457
  • 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 493

Asktom

Reaction score
The Price Pfister cartridge you need is their 900-022. There is no fixing it, if it fails you swap it out. I can't see any stops in your picture, so I can't help you there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks