pulsaspeeder pump and marlo equipment versus culligan?

Users who are viewing this thread

famoffive

Reaction score
pulsafeeder pump and marlo equipment versus culligan?

We plan to install a chlorine injection system followed by backwashing carbon filter followed by softener. The goal is to take care of coliform, iron bacteria, iron (less than 5 mg) and hardness (32 grains).

Trying to decide between Culligan and an independent dealer who would use Marlo equipment with Clack heads. They have also suggested we consider a Pulsafeeder pump instead of Stenner to save $200.

Your thoughts on Culligan versus Marlo? Stenner versus Pulsafeeder?

Thanks

Last edited:

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would go with the independent dealer. I just don't like Stenner pumps and had to many problems with Pulsafers. With the Stenner you have to change the tube yearly and I had 3 Pulsafeeder motor go out within a year. It took them a month to determine it was under warranty. In the mean time my customers suffered. I think LMI makes the best pump. There only downside is it does not self prime so you have to make sure you don't run out of solution.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
and in the other corner... I've had a Pulsafeeder pump for over 10 years with no problems, other than during a brief period when I negligently let the chlorine tank run dry. My neighbor has had a Stenner for 3 or 4 years and seems to be happy, although his principal maintenance tool is his checkbook. His dealer is pretty good, though. LMI pumps have impressive specs and are a lot prettier; don't know about costs.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks