Toto Aquia versus CST405MF Toto Rowan

Users who are viewing this thread

rotciv

Reaction score
Doing a BR reno and have narrowed down to Toto Aquia vs Toto Rowan. There doesn't seem to be many reviews on the Rowan. Anybody have experience with Rowan? Is it comparable to the Aquia in terms of flushing ability. Certainly is less $.

rowan_zoom.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have not installed the CST405MF Rowan yet.
It looks like they are using a bowl similar to the CST703 and the CST713, but taller. It has the tight bends on the trapway that the 703 had that I didn't like.

toto_rowan_specs.jpg

cst713_spec.jpg

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I think it's also a two-inch flush valve. There's a video of it somewhere on youtube where a person thought it was a Aquia tank on a Drake bowl, until they were corrected. It looks like it flushes pretty poorly, at least from the video.

The Aquia has met with near-universal acclaim from customers; given that, I wouldn't be inclined to try something that has obvious potential flaws.

rotciv

Reaction score
I have not installed the CST405MF Rowan yet.
It looks like they are using a bowl similar to the CST703 and the CST713, but taller. It has the tight bends on the trapway that the 703 had that I didn't like.

toto_rowan_specs.jpg

cst713_spec.jpg

Thanks for your feedback

stephenk

Reaction score
Just a bit of info to add, I was considering the Rowan recently and emailed Toto to ask where it was made. They told me it was made in Mexico.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks