Gas line to Grill

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Right now, I've got a 1/2" line coming off of a 3/4-3/4-1/2" T to the grill. The grill really would prefer a 3/4" line, but when it was originally put in I didn't want to tear up enough to replace that T and the 1/2" port was unused. I was wondering if for that very short distance, it would have been better to just run everything in 3/4" from there, expecting the short restriction to not affect the overall flow much. I could rerun it all in 3/4 after upsizing it after the T, and it could be either in black iron, or CSST. Would it make a difference? Would the smoother radii of the CSST work better? I know the inside of it is rougher, but don't know whether it should be upsized to maybe 1" to be closer to a 3/4" line in steel. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Well, lots of people have read this, but no responses. Question is, with a reducing T, if I immediately go back up to the 3/4" verses keeping it the 1/2" I have, will I see more potential volume at the grill which is probably 20' of pipe and 3-4 elbows away? Replacing that T will be a major pain, and I would like to see a bit more volume at the grill.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks