Cannot remove bathtub handles

Users who are viewing this thread

quickstep

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.twincitybmw.com
I have a leaking bathtub faucet and cannot remove the bathtub handles on older Eljer faucets. I have tried just about everything including a puller with no luck. Any ideas? Once I get the handles off what then?

Attachments

• faucet.jpg
    faucet.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 567

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have had a few faucets where I had to break the stems to remove the handles, and if the is the solution make sure you have replacement stems before you start. I have also had very few that did not remove with a puller so I would have to see what kind of puller you are using. Try screwing a "hollow head cap screw" into the stem and press the puller's pin against that. It is hardened so it will not bend and will give a better surface to press against. "What then"? You take the faucet apart and repair it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks