Looking for recommendations for water softener companies

Users who are viewing this thread

Mexicanbaseball7

Reaction score
I am just about to close on a new home in Spring, TX and was looking for some good recommendations for companies that provide water softeners and the water softeners brands themselves. The house has 4 and 1/2 baths and will have 4 to 5 people living in it from time to time. I have looked for water specs online, but have not been able to find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am new to all of this.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
You basically have 3 choices:
1) Find a local dealer for a national brand with a good reputation in your area and leave everything to him or her. Big names include Rainsoft and Kinetico. Expensive but carefree if your dealer knows what he's doing.
2) Find a local dealer who builds his own branded systems from components. Big names in control valves include Clack and Fleck. Less expensive than the proprietary systems in (1), carefree if your dealer knows what he's doing.
3) Find a local or Internet vendor who will sell you the parts to build your own system. Several names pop up regularly on this forum, including ohiopurewater.com, qualitywaterforless.com, freshwatersystems.com, discountwatersofteners.com, cleanwaterstore.com. Read through other threads here and look at some websites to get a flavor for what a DIY project entails. Minor regular attention required on your part once you know what your're doing. Basic plumbing skills and common sense are prerequisites.

First thing to do, regardless of your treatment choice, is to get a comprehensive water analysis. If you're on a municipal system, they can provide that. If you're on a well, check with your county extension office (http://bowie.agrilife.org/) for sources for testing. Texas A&M does that (http://soiltesting.tamu.edu/). Also determine your softened water need (gallons per day, average and peak) and see if there are any local laws governing softener use (or not).

Last edited:

Anchors Away

Reaction score
Dupure is a good one. I have one in my home. The builder recommends it. As it turns out many of the builders recommend Dupure. Not super expensive and it works.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks