actual door opening width

Users who are viewing this thread

lmei007

Reaction score
I measured the width of my existing door panel and got 27-3/4", it is a 28" wide door or 30" wide door?

or

what's the actual door opening width for a 28" wide door? I need to know if the opening is wide enough for a table which is 26" wide.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's a 28" door. But, the actual opening is smaller because of the door stops. If you take the door off, it should just make it through. With it on, you'd have to subtract at least the thickness of the door.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It is a 28" ( trade size 2-4, meaning 2'4"). Then is was planed about 1/4" at install. So your opening between jambs is close to 28", but subtract about 3/8" each sde for stops.

A table can be fudged through a much smaller opening, buy easing the legs "around the corner" at the side opposite the hinges

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Your table is 26" wide and the door opening is 27 3/4". What is the problem? The only problem would be if the door does not "swing" open far enough to give you the full opening, in which case, remove the hinge pins and put the door off to the side somewhere.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks