What should I add, change or remove, for a whole house system

Users who are viewing this thread

tunerX

Reaction score
4 year old house, new well, going to do this myself. I am thinking about plumbing this solution into my house but was wondering if this was good enough, overkill, or not enough.

Family of Six with 3 full baths. and a separate laundry room.

I have H2S, iron, hard water stains, and Iron bacteria. No coli form or E. Coli.

Thanks,
Tuner

Plumbing.jpg

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
If chlorine is injected before the pressure tank ("well tank" in diagram), the pressure switch would control the on-off chlorine injection. That works, but subjects the pressure tank to more sediment.

Better is to use a flow sensor to tell a proportional pump how much chlorine to inject. In that case, the chlorine is injected after the pressure tank. Ideally, there would then be a contact tank that both lets the chlorine to react, and to maybe settle out sediment that the chlorine produces.

You would normally not want a cartridge sediment filter at that point, but rather let the backwashing greensand filter remove sediment as well as some reactions. There is media other than greensand which is usually better. Search for "katalox light" in the search box above to give some discussions of one such media.

Banjo Bud

Reaction score
I have a similar system but opted to keep the utility sink and hose spigots in the system instead of thinking “they don’t need to be treated or softened”. I’m glad I did it this way because it really doesn’t take much to treat those units since they get used little compared to the house. It would have been a lot more work and money to plumb them separately. Your situation might be different but that’s what I did.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks