Hansgrohe ThermoBalance II

Users who are viewing this thread

jointoday

Reaction score
I am finally getting around to installing a Hansgrohe Thermobalance II that I bought a few yrs ago. Do I rely on the pipes (and the clamps that hold the copper pipes) to hold the valve in place? There isn't any screw holes in the valve for attaching it to anything.

Thanks
JR

Killer95Stang

Reaction score
Not a pro. plumber...

Clamping the rigid piping (if using copper) or clamping around the valve body itself is the best way. Just make sure you use similar metals for the clamps... ie.. don't use galvanized plumbers strap on copper piping.

Not sure how long you have been holding on to that Thermobalance, but if you haven't bought the trim, I suggest going with the Ibox instead. So many more choices in trim and a lot easier to install. Not to mention, the unit has ears for mounting screws.

HGTech

HansGrohe
Reaction score
Website
www.hansgrohe-usa.com
There are no ears on the TB2 rough. Using blocking and copper pipe clamps is recommended. This is one of the many improvements made with the I-Box compared to some older roughs. If you need any other help feel free to contact Hansgrohe Technical at 1-800-334-0455. Press 2 for tech and ask for David Scarborough. I'll be happy to help.

HGTech

HansGrohe
Reaction score
Website
www.hansgrohe-usa.com
We do not have any valves or controls for steam. Most steam units have their own proprietary valves and controls so it is just not cost effective to design and build them. Our I-Box is designed to be an integral part of the shower enclosure and does come with a membrane that goes around the box and seal it to the wall backing material. If installed properly this rough will be water tight to the enclosure and steam would not be an issue.

HGTech

HansGrohe
Reaction score
Website
www.hansgrohe-usa.com
There is a gasket/membrane the comes with the I-Box. It is a black fiber material designed to work with practically any wall type or adhesive. It does help to seal the rough to the wall and keep moisture from migrating into the wall. It helps to make the I-Box an integral part of the shower enclosure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks