(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: does this look correct?

Default does this look correct?

Hi, I came cross this forum probably 5 years ago when I first thinking of making the Master walk-in closet into master bathroom. Anyway that didn't happen until my neighbor completed bathroom remodel. Because of the house has the same layout, I wanted to use the same contractor who complete the same job. want to check with you to see if job is "well" done. So far my neighbor has no problem and they are happen to show us the plumbing

The bathroom on the 2nd floor is next to the master walk-in closet. Right under those two room is the laundry rm. The Stack is next to the original toilet. The walking closet is just over 5 ft away from the center of the original toilet. yes the house's plumbing is copper, which make things more expensive.

Do you see the turn the toilet had to do below? is the copper to PVC connection okay? my neighbor so far have no leak, but it only been 4 months.

Name:  20130307_170956.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  29.7 KB

Here is the connection to the new master bath. not sure if the photo show but there is a slop.
    Name:  20130307_171020.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  38.4 KB

I am not sure what the lower picture is supposed to show, but I would NEVER have installed the toilet the way the top picture shows it. If that is a copper male threaded adapter into a female PVC adapter, one of these days you will be replacing it when the PVC fitting fractures. A "bad" plumbing installation does NOT have to leak to be bad.
    Last edited by hj; 03-17-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber

Hi Hj,

the lower photo is from the "new" bathroom (toilet I think).

it's my neighbor's contractor who did the copper male to female PVC adapter. and he said the part was very expensive. What would be the your way of doing this? I guess I can use the same contractor but ask him to do another way.

The male copper adapter is expensive, but so is the "fitting cleanout adapter" he screwed on to it. There could be other problems, (such as no vent on the original toilet), with the way he did it, but would have to be there to determine HOW I would have done it.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber