newb question about new sprinkler system

Users who are viewing this thread

diney01

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

we have a lake house, so the lake water will be my source...
yard size is 150ft from the house to lake and 100ft sides very level yard..

could you guys please help with exacly what i will need for this project.?
if i can get a list of everything i will need is much easy for me go at store and buy em...by the way i want to be underground irrigation, i dont have a problem i digging

sorry if my question doesnt make any sense..i hope u understand i need help i want install this next week i have all week off..

thank you all

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
This is bigger than a one week DIY project! First, you must start with a good design plan. All the big companies, Toro, Rainbird, Orbit, etc will provide something like that, usually free. They may even provide a parts list of all the heads, etc. Just assume you will need to buy several hundred feet of pipe....in most likely a mix of 1", 3/4", and 1/2". This is where the design comes in, because if you undersize the piping in any part of the system, it will never work right.

You need to decide what kind of pump you need....and comes the design again.....you have to have the system designed into zones so the flow rate on any zone will not exceed pump capacity.

Sprinklers are a good DIY item, but it is more complicated than you may think.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ditto Jimbo's comments. Make an accurate scale drawing of your property. Elevation change would be important as well, at least a close guess. Show your build(s) trees, shrubs, etc.. The designs are usually provided free, but if not, a reasonable charge would be money well spent. Usually, the only requirement for the free design is that you buy all of the materials from them. When I did mine years ago, I was surprised to learn their prices were no more than the Big Boxes and often even less. Plus, if you have a problem during the install, they can give you accurate answers. An irrigation system is too big of a job to just go out and glue pipe together and hope it works.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks