Saddle Valve Question

Users who are viewing this thread

michaedt

Reaction score
I recently replaced all of my supply lines, but I still need to connect my whole-house humidifier to the water line. It looks like a 1/4" line (like my refrigerator water line). Previously, it was connected to a 3/4" cold water supply via a saddle valve.
Is this the best way? Can I turn off a saddle valve once it’s been tapped? I want to be able to change the line when it clogs without having to shut off my entire water supply. I considered putting a 3/4 to 1/2 T, running 1/2 toward the furnace with a shut-off along the way, and then finding a compression adapter (if one exists) to go from 1/2 to 1/4. Perhaps this is overkill. Any opinions?
Thanks,
Danny

Finnegan

Reaction score
Your plan is the best option. Saddle valves are not the most relilable method. It will not take too long to cut in a tee, add a shut off valve and a compression fitting to get you to 1/4".

Lancaster

Reaction score
Get an icemaker angle stop,it already has a 1/4" compression outlet.Then use the polymer-braided (looks like stainless) tubing icemaker connector.

Tjbaudio

Reaction score
Just an FYI we just had a new furnace put in and the current preferred method is to use hot water into the humidifier. At least that is the case with my April air unit that has no standing water. It just runs when needed. Hot evaporates better is the reason.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks