pressure gauge finally reading 60, but the tank is reading 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott Young

Reaction score
both are going up at the same time, and when I decrease the pressure in the tank, the pressure gauge also goes down. BTW--I am crossreading on three different bicycle-car tire pressure gauges--all three are saying the same.
Does this mean it's gotta be the bladder?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Frankly, you don't know what you're doing so stop right away, turn off the breaker, and drain the tank.

...more to come

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The *only* time the tire gauge should read different is when the tank is completely drained. Then and only then, it should read between 2 and 5 PSI lower than what the pressure switch is set to turn on the pump.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
If your pressure switch is set to turn off the pump at 60 PSI, then more than likely the kick-in setting would be 40 PSI unless you fiddled with the nuts. If so, set the precharge on the bladder to around 38 PSI. Again, this precharge is only measured at 38 PSI when the tank is empty.

If ever in the future, you find that the precharge has either increased or decreased, then suspect the bladder.

Scott Young

Reaction score
Thanks, and no I didnt fiddle with the nuts.AFTER I drained the tank, I set the pressure at 38, since my switch is a 40/60. THEN it it started increasing and/or decreasing. Is that clear?

Scott Young

Reaction score
And by the way, insults I suspect are not desirable on this forum, as with other forums. You don't have any idea what I have or haven't done. Saying I don't know what I am doing, is an offensive remark, and I would appreciate replies from other forum members. Thank you though, for your input.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
There is no polite way to say that. If you are letting out air because the water pump increased the air pressure, you don't know what you are doing. As the pump fills the tank, it compresses the air in the bladder so the bladder air pressure will rise at the same rate as the water pressure rises.

If you let out all the air, you risk damaging the pump. In that case, bedside manners become secondary.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks