Automatic Water Shutoff for Broken Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Fraser Jim

Reaction score
Insurance company is making my daughter install an automatic water shutoff for whole house in case of flood or broken pipe. Something like Watercop.

Can anyone make suggestions or provide reviews?

Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That usually means there is something about her piping that makes them think she could have another flood. ANY automatic shutoff is no better than HOW it determines there is a broken pipe, i.e., continual flow for a period of time, sudden flow, water sensor, or pressure drop. All of them have downsides as far as flood prevention is concerned.

Fraser Jim

Reaction score
Actually a sprinkler company came in to check out their system and left a valve open that flooded the bsmt..

Even though my daughter's insurance co didn't have to pay, they threatened to cancel her if she didn't install a shutoff.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks