How to choose a battery back up sump pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Lenn

Reaction score
I would like to install a good quality battery back up sump pump. The existing sump pump is ½ hp sewage pump connected to a schedule 40 pipe. I have yet to find a battery back up sump pump that has a tee fitting for a schedule 40 pipe. So have resigned myself to just get a good battery back up sump pump and connect it in to the existing schedule 40 line if possible or just run a second line.

Basically what is a good quality reliable manufacture of back up pumps and what features are needed insure it will work when needed???

Last edited:

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
"I have yet to find a battery back up sump pump that has a tee fitting for a schedule 40 pipe."

Put a tee in your existing pipe. The arrangement should be as follows:
Existing pump -> check valve -> tee -> existing pipe to discharge
Backup pump -> check valve -> into side of tee in existing discharge pipe

Many battery pumps have lower head capability that AC powered pumps, so be sure you get the head you neet to put the water over the wall.

Go to www.grainger.com and search on glentronics

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks