Hot water, sooner

Users who are viewing this thread

4x15mph

Reaction score
Our kitchen sink takes forever to get hot water to the faucet when other appliances or showers have not been running.

I started searching around to find some options to resolve this but I didn't come across anything that seem overwhelmingly positive or without drawbacks.

How can I fix this? Can I install something that has some degree of dependability? Thank you!

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
You didn't say what you found nor did you say what drawbacks you perceived. A recirc system would solve your problem.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A Grudfos "comfort", or Laing "Autocirc" will do the job when installed properly. The only downside could be a "shot" of tepid water from the cold water faucet when it was turned on.

4x15mph

Reaction score
Okay, HJ - looks great and I will go with the grundfos comfort. My main reason for getting this is the kitchen sink so should I put the return valve at that sink or should I be putting this valve at the furthest run (i.e. upstairs bathroom sink)? Would locating it upstairs result in the same improvement on the 1st floor, kitchen sink? Thoughts? Thanks again and do you have any tips as I plan to put this in myself? It seems straightforward given that I have electricity near the water heater where I will install the pump.

Also, I will plan to use a timer for morning and evening although at first, I would plan to let this thing run 12x7 so that I can enjoy instant hot water

4x15mph

Reaction score
I see under reviews of a comparable, Watts recirculation unit (home depot), that this may not work in a house that has single lever type faucets. Is this a potential problem since I have several of these. Also, should I order the Grundfos or will I do okay going with a box store brand (i.e. Watts)?

4x15mph

Reaction score
Help on location of recirc valve

Okay, HJ - looks great and I will go with the grundfos comfort. My main reason for getting this is the kitchen sink so should I put the return valve at that sink or should I be putting this valve at the furthest run (i.e. upstairs bathroom sink)? Would locating it upstairs result in the same improvement on the 1st floor, kitchen sink? Thoughts? Thanks again and do you have any tips as I plan to put this in myself? It seems straightforward given that I have electricity near the water heater where I will install the pump.

Also, I will plan to use a timer for morning and evening although at first, I would plan to let this thing run 12x7 so that I can enjoy instant hot water

Bump for quick assistance. Thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks