Do Noble Niches Have The Bottom Shelf Slope Built Into Them?

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
The Noble Shower Niche is made of foam so I guess you could cut your own slope into it???

I have never used a ready made shower niche. Building a shower niche is so easy.

JW

FunNut

Reaction score
I recently purchased several Noble Company products. I've phoned their technical support people several times to ask questions. They are very helpful and knowledgeable. I suggest you call them for any questions you have.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
These things are like maybe 3" deep, and at 1/4" per foot, that's 1/16" of an inch. It would be hard to tell! Either case, it's not hard to get some slope when you set the tile on that bottom edge. I don't remember if those have a coating on them, or it's all foam. IF it's all foam, it would be easy to sand a slight slope prior to installation, or even after it was installed if you wanted to.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
The niche is foam Jim. I think you could just shave a little off to be safe. I filled the one I got at a Noble Demo last year with water and left it for 7 weeks. The foam is watertight.

JW

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Being foam, and wide, it's a lot easier to just sand it a little than to try to cut it in a nice, smooth plane.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks