HELP!!! I'm about to give up!! Need a 60x30 tub.

Users who are viewing this thread

lisaj1354

Reaction score
I'm about to cry. Seriously!

I am about to finalize my tub choice and found out that I am practically down to millimeters...

I can only have a tub 30 inches wide. Code is that the tub can't be closer than 15 inches from the center of the toilet. Anything more than a 30 inch tub will have the toilet sitting in the middle of a doorway!!

And it can't be too deep because it will throw off the proportion of the bathroom terribly - which makes me sad.

I'm not looking for cast iron - they have to carry it up 3 flights of stairs. I am looking for something that while short in stature, has the maximum soaking depth possible.

And hopefully not pricey.

Can any of you lovely people help me find a tub? PLEASE????

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
Ok, since i am not there i cannot see the entire floor plan however you have many options,
1 Move the toilet by moving the flange to a different part of the room if possible.
2 If possible purchase a smaller round front toilet.
3 Have the tub affordability fitted to your room, pick out your own color, style, material etc.
hope this helped
Don't stress here is a link to a custom bath fitter.
https://oneday.bathfitter.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
30" x 60" is the common tub size.
A nice one would be an American Standard Princeton. 60x30x14

Having a low step over and deep bathing are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Every bathtub manufacturer makes a 30x60x14 bathtub. in various materials.

S.M.A.R.T:
1. They already said they cannot move the closet bend without the toilet going into the door space
2.The toilet is NEXT to the tub, so it makes not difference how LONG the toilet it. The problem is the "mandated" distance from the closet bend to the nearest object on EITHER side.
3 .Style, color, etc., have NOTHING to do with how close the tub is to the toilet, so NOTHING you suggested helped.

Renovation Guru

Pro Renovator
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
HJ is correct...that's a standard sized bathtub. But, why not go with an 18in deep unit and then use a comfort height toilet to offset the "look" factor, say 16-17 in high bowl. My tub is 32 in wide and almost 21 in high, but with the 17 in toilet and a taller tank it doesn't look silly at all...

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
Every bathtub manufacturer makes a 30x60x14 bathtub. in various materials.

S.M.A.R.T:
1. They already said they cannot move the closet bend without the toilet going into the door space
2.The toilet is NEXT to the tub, so it makes not difference how LONG the toilet it. The problem is the "mandated" distance from the closet bend to the nearest object on EITHER side.
3 .Style, color, etc., have NOTHING to do with how close the tub is to the toilet, so NOTHING you suggested helped.
You may not agree with me but it appears that your comment was of little HELP to the inquirer. And style, color etc. does matter it was important to the lady asking the QUESTION. Custom bath fitters cater to the customers who can choose color, size, and style.

Rapida

Reaction score
You do have many choices. For a alcove (skirted) type, the Maax Exhibit is a nice looking tub (18" depth).

maax-mx105511-001-1.jpg

https://maax.com/en/product/exhibit-6030-ifs-afr_105511

For the drop-in, I liked the Maax Pose 60x30. The depth is 21".

maax-pose.jpg

I went with the Pose 60x32. It's not installed yet, but I am sure I'll enjoy it and it looks really good in person.

When I did my tub shopping, I also looked at the Kohler Underscore, Jacuzzi Luxura, Jacuzzi Rossi, Mirabelle Edenton, Maax Rubix, Maax Casa, all available in the 60x30 size. Of these Kohler Underscore and Mirabelle Edenton appealed to me best in person. I went with the Maax Pose because it has the thin deck option (3/8" tub rim, instead of the standard 2" or 4" height on the tub rim). I can only afford 1" ledge in front of the tub on the tub deck. It will be awful if the tub rim sticks out 2" or 4". I think this thin deck option will be an advantage in your situation too, since you won't have a tall tub rim making the tub look big.

Rapida

Reaction score
Hey SMART, how SMART are you?

I checked out your web site......... Seems pretty incomplete.

IMO, as a programmer - too much going on.

I once thought that SMART was not a person, but a program running to post on forums. If you track a few of his/her posts, you probably will notice that there are no spelling mistakes but lots of grammar errors. Some of the posts don't make sense, and appear to be a mixture of key words in other people's posts. Some are rather general, and appear to be "pre-set" samples. I think it's kind of a nice try if he/she is figuring how to improve artificial intelligence. But I know sometimes this kind of program is just designed to drive traffic to the intended web site.

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
Hey SMART, how SMART are you?

I checked out your web site......... Seems pretty incomplete.

IMO, as a programmer - too much going on.
Well I am not going to lie setting up a site takes a lot out of a person and I have been a bit busy plus all of my remodeling ideas, constructions projects etc. Are taking forever to upload and its not going like I had imagined not that fact that I not smart I just have some much I am trying to do at once, I just finished designing a hurricane rescue center. Just a bit tired that all. Wow I can't believe you even found out about my site.

Last edited:

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
I once thought that SMART was not a person, but a program running to post on forums. If you track a few of his/her posts, you probably will notice that there are no spelling mistakes but lots of grammar errors. Some of the posts don't make sense, and appear to be a mixture of key words in other people's posts. Some are rather general, and appear to be "pre-set" samples. I think it's kind of a nice try if he/she is figuring how to improve artificial intelligence. But I know sometimes this kind of program is just designed to drive traffic to the intended web site.

I don't know what to say I am a real person??

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Seeing that the original poster has not logged onto the site since she made the post over a month ago, I'm not sure that it matters.

When I think of "bath fitter", I think of tub liners.
When I think of tub liners, I think of hack jobs.

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
Seeing that the original poster has not logged onto the site since she made the post over a month ago, I'm not sure that it matters.

When I think of "bath fitter", I think of tub liners.
When I think of tub liners, I think of hack jobs.
I honesty did not think my simple post would draw up me being a robot :confused: but to each his own.

Suceress

Reaction score
Are you looking for just the tub or the tub and the surround?
If you want the surround as well, Sterling makes sets.

I liked the look of the Accord model #71240118-0
I believe that tub is 17" deep though. It is made of Vikrell so it is lower weight. I'm not sure what the "Age in Place Backers" are. There is a cheaper model of the same tub without that feature.

For just the bathtub, Sterling has 29" to 30" wide models
http://www.sterlingplumbing.com/baths-and-showers/bathtubs/product-list;jsessionid=wkfpRTVGpSWSxLzlsK1ynMpPq8TJbzD05LBrlvJTgQLy0whh8RDv!348301181!NONE?filter[SIZE]=29"-30"

Maybe a little more info would help. Just how deep do you want the tub? Is it an alcove tub or free standing? Do you want one that drops in or that has a skirt?

There seem to be a lot of options. I'm currently trying to select a shower/tub combo as well.

Good luck!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks