(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: HELP!!! I'm about to give up!! Need a 60x30 tub.

  1. #1
    DIY Junior Member lisaj1354's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1

    Default HELP!!! I'm about to give up!! Need a 60x30 tub.

    I'm about to cry. Seriously!

    I am about to finalize my tub choice and found out that I am practically down to millimeters...

    I can only have a tub 30 inches wide. Code is that the tub can't be closer than 15 inches from the center of the toilet. Anything more than a 30 inch tub will have the toilet sitting in the middle of a doorway!!

    And it can't be too deep because it will throw off the proportion of the bathroom terribly - which makes me sad.

    I'm not looking for cast iron - they have to carry it up 3 flights of stairs. I am looking for something that while short in stature, has the maximum soaking depth possible.

    And hopefully not pricey.

    Can any of you lovely people help me find a tub? PLEASE????

  2. #2

    Thumbs up

    Ok, since i am not there i cannot see the entire floor plan however you have many options,
    1 Move the toilet by moving the flange to a different part of the room if possible.
    2 If possible purchase a smaller round front toilet.
    3 Have the tub affordability fitted to your room, pick out your own color, style, material etc.
    hope this helped
    Don't stress here is a link to a custom bath fitter.
    http://info.bathfitter.com/bath_remodeling.aspx

  3. #3
    Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bothell, Washington
    Posts
    14,207
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    30" x 60" is the common tub size.
    A nice one would be an American Standard Princeton. 60x30x14

    Having a low step over and deep bathing are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

  4. #4
    DIY Senior Member DougB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis - Land of 10,000 taxes
    Posts
    137

    Default

    These folks have a 30 x 60 acrylic tub:

    http://www.hydrosystem.com/article/1...-details/lacey

    I'm planning on purchasing a 36 x 66 for my master bath remodel later this summer.

  5. #5
    Moderator & Master Plumber hj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    Posts
    25,659

    Default

    Every bathtub manufacturer makes a 30x60x14 bathtub. in various materials.

    S.M.A.R.T:
    1. They already said they cannot move the closet bend without the toilet going into the door space
    2.The toilet is NEXT to the tub, so it makes not difference how LONG the toilet it. The problem is the "mandated" distance from the closet bend to the nearest object on EITHER side.
    3 .Style, color, etc., have NOTHING to do with how close the tub is to the toilet, so NOTHING you suggested helped.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber

  6. #6

    Default

    HJ is correct...that's a standard sized bathtub. But, why not go with an 18in deep unit and then use a comfort height toilet to offset the "look" factor, say 16-17 in high bowl. My tub is 32 in wide and almost 21 in high, but with the 17 in toilet and a taller tank it doesn't look silly at all...
    http://www.americanstandard-us.com/b...-afr-bath-tub/

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hj View Post
    Every bathtub manufacturer makes a 30x60x14 bathtub. in various materials.

    S.M.A.R.T:
    1. They already said they cannot move the closet bend without the toilet going into the door space
    2.The toilet is NEXT to the tub, so it makes not difference how LONG the toilet it. The problem is the "mandated" distance from the closet bend to the nearest object on EITHER side.
    3 .Style, color, etc., have NOTHING to do with how close the tub is to the toilet, so NOTHING you suggested helped.
    You may not agree with me but it appears that your comment was of little HELP to the inquirer. And style, color etc. does matter it was important to the lady asking the QUESTION. Custom bath fitters cater to the customers who can choose color, size, and style.

  8. #8

    Default

    You do have many choices. For a alcove (skirted) type, the Maax Exhibit is a nice looking tub (18" depth).

    http://www.maax.com/en/utilitypages/...-FC473C8A3F4A}

    For the drop-in, I liked the Maax Pose 60x30. The depth is 21".

    http://www.maax.com/en/utilitypages/...-B1ED32BFD1E1}

    I went with the Pose 60x32. It's not installed yet, but I am sure I'll enjoy it and it looks really good in person.

    When I did my tub shopping, I also looked at the Kohler Underscore, Jacuzzi Luxura, Jacuzzi Rossi, Mirabelle Edenton, Maax Rubix, Maax Casa, all available in the 60x30 size. Of these Kohler Underscore and Mirabelle Edenton appealed to me best in person. I went with the Maax Pose because it has the thin deck option (3/8" tub rim, instead of the standard 2" or 4" height on the tub rim). I can only afford 1" ledge in front of the tub on the tub deck. It will be awful if the tub rim sticks out 2" or 4". I think this thin deck option will be an advantage in your situation too, since you won't have a tall tub rim making the tub look big.
    Last edited by Terry; 04-06-2013 at 10:00 AM.

  9. #9
    DIY Senior Member DougB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis - Land of 10,000 taxes
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Hey SMART, how SMART are you?

    I checked out your web site......... Seems pretty incomplete.

    IMO, as a programmer - too much going on.
    If a hammer won't fix it, it's an electrical problem.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougB View Post
    Hey SMART, how SMART are you?

    I checked out your web site......... Seems pretty incomplete.

    IMO, as a programmer - too much going on.
    I once thought that SMART was not a person, but a program running to post on forums. If you track a few of his/her posts, you probably will notice that there are no spelling mistakes but lots of grammar errors. Some of the posts don't make sense, and appear to be a mixture of key words in other people's posts. Some are rather general, and appear to be "pre-set" samples. I think it's kind of a nice try if he/she is figuring how to improve artificial intelligence. But I know sometimes this kind of program is just designed to drive traffic to the intended web site.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougB View Post
    Hey SMART, how SMART are you?

    I checked out your web site......... Seems pretty incomplete.

    IMO, as a programmer - too much going on.
    Well I am not going to lie setting up a site takes a lot out of a person and I have been a bit busy plus all of my remodeling ideas, constructions projects etc. Are taking forever to upload and its not going like I had imagined not that fact that I not smart I just have some much I am trying to do at once, I just finished designing a hurricane rescue center. Just a bit tired that all. Wow I can't believe you even found out about my site.
    Last edited by Cameron Fields; 04-06-2013 at 06:29 PM.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rapida View Post
    I once thought that SMART was not a person, but a program running to post on forums. If you track a few of his/her posts, you probably will notice that there are no spelling mistakes but lots of grammar errors. Some of the posts don't make sense, and appear to be a mixture of key words in other people's posts. Some are rather general, and appear to be "pre-set" samples. I think it's kind of a nice try if he/she is figuring how to improve artificial intelligence. But I know sometimes this kind of program is just designed to drive traffic to the intended web site.
    I don't know what to say I am a real person??

  13. #13
    Test, Don't Guess! cacher_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Land of Cheese
    Posts
    3,154

    Default

    Seeing that the original poster has not logged onto the site since she made the post over a month ago, I'm not sure that it matters.

    When I think of "bath fitter", I think of tub liners.
    When I think of tub liners, I think of hack jobs.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cacher_chick View Post
    Seeing that the original poster has not logged onto the site since she made the post over a month ago, I'm not sure that it matters.

    When I think of "bath fitter", I think of tub liners.
    When I think of tub liners, I think of hack jobs.
    I honesty did not think my simple post would draw up me being a robot but to each his own.

  15. #15

    Default

    My apologies, SMART.

Similar Threads

  1. O.K. I give up.
    By aztom in forum Solar and Geothermal Water Heating Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 08:11 AM
  2. Replacement bathtub for 60x30 alcove
    By kevint in forum Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 07:10 PM
  3. Please give a look at this diagram. THX!
    By Geoff Clogan in forum Remodel Forum & Blog
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 09:56 AM
  4. 60x30 cast iron tub with apron?
    By kathyc in forum Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 07:13 AM
  5. Know of any 60x30" Bathtub with 15" rough-in for drain?
    By jcpcac in forum Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 06:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •