Boiler not running

Users who are viewing this thread

Jsfalbo

Reaction score
I have a peerless series MI/MIH gas boiler converted to propane by previous owners. Uses a Honeywell L8148E 1182 aquastat (just replaced with the L8148E 1265) and a McDonnel Miller Guard Dog RB-24 low water cut off.

I mostly heat with wood and my boiler hasn't been used in probably a year. I always have kept the circuit breaker switched off for the power to the boiler however the pilot flame remains on. A few weeks ago I decided to power on the boiler and run my in-floor heating but the burners would not kick on. I ran some voltage tests and figured I was losing power somewhere in the aquastat so I replaced the aquastat with the model I mentioned above. $230 later this did not resolve my problem. I have power into the aquastat and also at the circulator switch and into the circulator. I have power at my thermostats and into the thermostat modules as i can hear them click when calling for heat and the modules at the pipes get warm. i do not have power from the aquastat into the burners or at the low water cut off. the LWCO does not have either the red LED green LED illuminated. the plug into the lwco is a little blackened at the red wire on the wire harness plug and on the receptacle of the lwco. so to me it seems like the lwco shorted out perhaps when i switched on the circuit for he first time.

my question is if the lwco being shorted out would cause the no power to the burners to so that it will not kick on when a call for heat comes? I just don't want to spend more money on not fixing the problem like I did with he aquastat if the problem does not sound like the lwco either.

Thanks!

Jsfalbo

Reaction score
And is there a way to bypass the lwco just to see if the burners kick which would then confirm the power power interruption?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks