Help in selecting a window for a tiled INTERIOR shower wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Susanna

Reaction score
We are building our dream bathroom on a tight budget and have planned a 24" x 42" non-opening tempered glass "window" in the interior wall between the shower and the rest of the bathroom. The window will be framed in on all sides. Our builder just informed us we need to purchase the window and that he needs it in 3 weeks. We are going to talk to our "big box" hardware stores here re: whether we can get one from a manufacturer of glass shower stalls, so that the framing will match. But we were concered about getting it in time.

Can a tempered glass piece without a frame be tiled into the wall? If so, what would be some things to consider?

If that is not feasible, I saw a short post on the forum about using vinyl framed windows and then tiling to the window. Can I assume that means covering the vinyl with tile all the way to the glass? Also, since this window is in an interior wall, could you tile to the glass on the inside of the shower wall and the outer shower wall as well?

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Susanna

Reaction score
Thank you John! That is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I was hoping that we could just insert a simple tempered glass panel (I guess I should not have used the term window). Any special considerations? Besides being sure the sill drains slightly towards the shower interior? Would the glass require any special trim tile to hold it in place?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks