breaker questions

Users who are viewing this thread

rbig

Reaction score
I have a Siemans 200 amp panel coming into our house. It gives us 240/120vac.

It has 5 blanks. Total of 8 blanks, 3 are occupied. This leaves me 5 blanks.

Do I have to use Siemans breakers? Or, can I go to Home Depot or Lowes and get breakers there that will fit this panel?

What do I need to tell Lowes or Home Depot to get the right configuration of breaker (I do have the Siemans model # of the entry panel).

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
So, are you putting the breakers in yourself? There should be a large label inside the panel telling you exactly what kind of breakers
you can use in it. The electrical codes say you have to use those.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
My experience with Siemens is that they do not use "universal" breakers. Lowes carries Siemens but whether they have the model you need is something you would have to check on.

Last edited:

Norcal01

Reaction score
My experience with Siemens is that they do not use "universal" breakers. Lowes carries Siemens but whether they have the model you need is something you would have to check on.

Siemens bought ITE & renamed them, ITE breakers do fit a lot of other makes and the vice-versa, BUT just because they do fit, does not mean it's OK to do so, UL does classify some manufacturers breakers to be used in competitors panels but you need paperwork to do so. IMO it's better to use the same make as the panel, then to use another make, Lowes handles Siemens so should be easy to find.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks