Again thanks everyone for the help and advice.
Two days ago the heating tech from a large heating contractor came over to look things over. He spent over an hour looking over the boiler setup and took measurements of all the rooms in the house. I had asked for him to come over and do a Munual J so as to see exactly where we were. He didn't think a manual J would be much more accurate than the shorter method he wanted to use. He said that in older homes like mine ,1860, that the manual J was kinda a wag as there was so many variables. I agreed and received the heat load estimate yesterday. The home is a 1860 built mansart roof of about 2300 sq/ft. I have 166 feet of baseboard all being regular except the kitchen which is 30 feet of Hicap.All exterior walls have had blown in celious (sp) insulation, with some gaps. Two floors and attic with 3-4 inch of rock wool. Windows are, for the most part, older double hung but all have dead glass interior inserts and others are all thermopane with kitchen being all Anderson. There is 166 feet of baseboard all being regular except the kitchen which is 30 feet of Hicap Three quarter full basement unheated. I think his estimate is on the high side but he came in at 91,460 BTU heat loss at 0 deg. With that heat loss he thought the Alpine 150 was probably slightly oversized but the next one down, the 105 would be too small considering we also have SuporStor SSU45 being heated by the boiler. I think I will do some calculations on a few rooms myself using some simplified manual j type math I have found here to see if we agree. It does seem quite high to me. I did use the 25btu/cu ft quickie. Based on the square footage and cieling heights of 8.5 ft. I came out slightly more than half of what he calculated.
Dana, I get my gas from "National Grid" and do not see anything on the bill about an average outdoor temp. I will give them a call and see if its available.
As always, thanks for the help