Tub vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Mar3232

Reaction score
My toilet and bathroom sink are right next to each other and both are vented with a 2" pipe, with the separate run for the sink that connects about 4 feet up as I've seen in the diagrams for venting.

I can also run a vent for the bathtub but it will be a pain as it's across the room (about 5 ft).

Is it really necessary to have a vent for the tub or does the overflow drain let it drain well?

THANKS.

Mar3232

Reaction score
Yes the vent will be about 5 feet from the tub after the p trap. I'm putting the vent right between the toilet and sink in the wall (2" pipe).

Toilet > vent < Sink The sink and tub will wye into the main 3" drain coming out of the toilet and I will also run a 2" pipe from the sink upwards into the vent.

Like that deep space Hubble photo -- I have it framed in my home.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks