Wheelchair access and which Toto toilet model would work

Users who are viewing this thread

maggiepassel

Reaction score
We are selecting a Toto toilet for a guest bath and need to find the model which will allow the most room for a wheelchair. We need the shortest length from the back wall to the end of the seat, an elongated seat. We would like the best flushing, with CEFIONTECT finish and 1.28 or dual flush. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Gordan

Reaction score
If you're in the middle of a large remodel and modifying the plumbing is not out of scope, you might want to look at a wall-mounted toilet with a concealed tank such as a CWT418FG. They stick out about 21" from the back wall, and you can adjust the bowl height to be anywhere from about 15" to about 19".

But they do require room in the back wall, and are probably not a practical option if you're not doing major surgery already. The carrier Toto supplies requires a 2x6 wall but you could also get a bowl from Toto and a different Geberit carrier that'll fit inside a 2x4 wall.

maggiepassel

Reaction score
Thank you for the idea. 21" out from back wall would be great. Wow - putting the tank in the wall is a great idea and we are repainting the room and adding a small half wall beside the toilet already. That is a whole other direction. We had already been quoted about $350 to install a regular toilet because of having to move the water supply line (unfinished basement below and refinishing floors also) and our walls are 2x4's so I wonder what it would cost to install this type of toilet. And, I guess if there were problems or parts wore out it would be a big deal? tearing out the wall? Any other comments appreciated.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The replaceable parts are accessible through the plate that covers the push buttons that flush the toilet; no need to remove the wall to fix stuff.

Gordan

Reaction score
The biggest issue with those is likely to be whether there's anything running through the wall behind the toilet that would prevent its installation. The more things you move around, the more it'll cost. One thing you would definitely need to move is the drain. The closet flange on the floor would have to be removed and the drain would have to be routed up the wall. Depending on what the plumbing layout looks like, this could be fairly trivial or a nightmare. So don't thank me yet. :)

maggiepassel

Reaction score
ok, I think this is more than we bargained for and will just try to find a floor mounted model with the shortest distance from the back wall. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks