Mixet, Need help with shower valve cartridge replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

ameneses54

Reaction score
Dear contributors,
Could anybody help me identify the manufacturer of the shower tub mixer in the photo. I'm desperate and it's leaking.

Aruro

imagejpeg_2z.jpg

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
That is a Mixet. There are 3 cartridges.... regular, pre 1968; regular, post 1968; extended length. Based on the handles, I would guess you are regular, post 68. Although Mixet is long out of business, Alsons bought up the name and most hardware and supply stores still have OEM cartridges. You should take the old one with you to be sure.

ameneses54

Reaction score
Do you think the basic plumbing setup I have for this "Mixet" is compatible with some modern models from another manufacturer?
Thank you very much.
Arturo

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The "basic plumbing setup" you have is just a hot and cold water pipe, so it is compatible with ANY replacement valve you desire and can afford. IF you are asking can you convert that valve to some other design, then the answer is an emphatic NO! But there is a replacement cartridge made by No-Mix that eliminates the problems common to the Mixet one. The one question you need to answer before you start, otherwise you will probably ruin the valve body, is whether the temperature handle can rotate 360 degrees without stopping.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks