Takagi TK3 Heating Intermittently

Users who are viewing this thread

jon.hillegeist

Reaction score
My tankless water heater is about 6 years old. We use it for radiant heat. I haven't used it much these season, but started too this week. At first the water pump would be on, but the water wasn't circulating. The water pressure gauge was at zero. I filled it up more, and now when it comes on, the water circulates and the pressure is about 15 psi.

But, sometimes when it comes on and the water circulates, the heater doesn't ignite. If I flip the power off and then back on. a gurgle noise will come from the heater and it will turn on sometimes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It sounds like you have some air trapped in the pipes. This can cause an air lock. Does the system have an air extractor? If so, does it work?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks