(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Site for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
    There is a lot of money in a site that is setup properly.

I never did get into the money making advertizing thing.

Terry has it together.

I wonder if Cookie comes with the site ?

She never did say.
    Nope, I don't come with it, but, Fred C Dobbs and all the proxies does. Enjoy!

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The link you have is a little low for my site.
    Goggle says I had 387,782 visitors in the last seven days.
    If you make that 52 weeks, it's 20,164,664 for a years worth.

And mine isn't for sale. I like having it. and plan to have it a long time.
    Terry Love
    Last edited by Terry; 03-04-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Yeah, it has me making 74 cents a day! ha ha ha ha ... it was funny. I told Don he can't trust those sites to be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post

Terry Love

Yours is registered so hits are available to you thru your ISP. And it seems to make good income.

That site is just a best guess for the public, and I would guess that Terrylove.com is worth a bunch of money, Just by the details listed and the income from ads. It would help more if people turn off ad block.

What is Your max bid up to Cookie ?

Can I afford to ask ?
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

You got to remember Don that Terry's is a forum, not just site, he can do this, post back and forth, etc, mine is just a site, I get tons, (really i do) of comments asking things about Lymphoma, the treatments, cost of cancer, things of that nature, most want to be private and, I have no problem with that, I honor their wishes. Then, their are the spammers. Oh.... they can get under your skin. I understand people want to make a buck, but, I get lots and lots of spammers, you have to see them on Terry's here. I have dealings with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and we are discussing something kind of interesting for my site. I will let you know if I decide to act on it.

I have this strong belief in God, which has bugged some people, but, I really do not care, but, my one prayer every time I had to do treatments was, that I didn't have to sit with a child getting treatments. I never had to. To show my thanks, I do everything I can to help especially, kids with it. I do all the school programs, Pennies for Pasta, etc. Raise money, find scholarships, create scholarships, help in anyway possible. I love kids, and, I hate the big C.

My husband, Don, used to laugh because I would say, I didn't care if I had money or not, and, he was the same way; I didn't like what it could do to people, so, to be honest my friend, money doesn't matter to me. I only need enough to pay my bills and buy ink for my printer and fax. I wouldn't know what to do with it, and probably, would burn hole in my pocket giving it away. That would make me happy. It would go to helping kids.
    Last edited by Cookie; 03-04-2013 at 03:24 PM.

It is good to help people.

You know the site will not be the same if you don't keep and run it.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society may be a good business partner.

Good luck.

Yeah, it is. I am no Mother Teresa, but, I try. The site doesn't feel like my own anymore, anyways.
    Doing my sons's taxes today. Really complicated one. But, I did it last year, and the year before, so, I can do it this year, too. I am thinking of doing taxes for... ( don't laugh) H$R Block. They offered. Want me do your taxes Don? lol

I enjoy challenges. Come to think of it, I was told by my dad, that I was headstrong. Don't know where he got that from, lol. but, I try my best to help others on my site, the real people on my site, who write me comments, to be more determined, and not throw in the towel before the battle even begins. Like I tell them, the result if they are determined just might surprise you, you might be successful.
    Last edited by Cookie; 03-05-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Hey Cookie,
    Just curious how that site worked out for you in terms of ad revenue...
    It looks like it grew quite a bit in the last couple of years...

Hi Red! Yes, it has been holding its own, not bad. It is kind of funny Red, because, no matter what I write, I could put a ... dot... on a page, and, I get readers, and, it is nice when they check out the ads. Some of those ads are great, really, because of the subject matter, they advertise some really good places for those with an illness of that kind to check out for help. Most are not junk ads, you will see an occassional odd one, but, most are great for those who are there out of need for infomation about Lymphoma. I think, they help people. That is not my only site, I got one that is doing really well, exceeds this one. It is fun at times.

This is kind of funny and kind of sad, Red. I get spammers, and sometimes, it gets annoying. I also, get alot of comments, which most people because of the nature of the site, cancer, ask me to keep them private, they are usually, asking me things, about treatments, etc. Well, one comment came from a spammer. He told me he was a spammer, and, showed me the spam, etc, and, then, he apologized! He then, asked for help with information about Lymphoma. Well, it was kind of funny because here is a spammer reading all the posts, stopped spamming, and started asking for my help with somethings. Now, I have a hard time, blocking the spammers, lol. because, I stop and, think, what if, there is another person like him? So, unless, they become a real nuisance, I just keep deleting the spam comments, which at times, can be time-consuming, but, just what if... there is someone out there like that one man. I wouldn't want to block him.
    Last edited by Cookie; 03-15-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Try this Conditional CAPTCHA for WordPress it will get rid of the spambots but humans will be able to answer the question and get by.
    Use it in conjunction with Akismet.
    Most of your site visitors won't ever see it...

Now tell me about your big site...
    Give me some stats! And is it paying well?
    Last edited by Redwood; 03-15-2013 at 10:27 PM.

I will look into that Red. I am not so sure that anyone makes enough of money from their site to say it is paying well, Even Terry would probably agree to that and he has a huge site with lots of traffic. I don't think anyone gets rich these days, BUT, I do believe that waaaay back when, when, it all started, getting a dot.com back then, probably could and did for lots of folks, I just don't think, those days are here anymore. Kind of sad, but, true, don't you think. What I get from it all, is more along the lines of personal satisfaction and enrichment. I really do like to help someone else. I feel saddled all-the-time with my illness, I hate it, I wish I didn't have it, and, I wish no one else did either. So, if I can give a tip of info or to say, I did that and this is my experience with that or this, it gives me something, too, rather than just take. Sites dealing with illness is so different I think, than anyother site, because either the reader is sick and dealing with cancer, or a loved one. It is a horse of a different color Red. Everyone wants to save money and fix something broken in their house, they will attempt to fix a broken pipe but, to fix cancer is not DIY'er job. And, anything, anykind of help someone can get, before or during or after treatment is a plus. I have been there and been there and been there, 5 times over. I am no pro just an ole' hat at it with tons of experience in dealing with it. Thankfully, I must be doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post

Terry Love
    It was quite a bit lower than the actual stats and revenue for my site as well...
    Maybe it was accurate when the site was 3-4 months old...
    But way off the mark now...

I'm not selling mine either... But If I had yours I'd burn mine! LOL
    Your site is a monster and you are the Big Kahuna of Plumbing Websites...

It is good to see you back Red, you have been missed! I think you have a pretty good site, too Red. Terry's is a forum which is great, but, I bet it is very very time consuming to say the least. And, expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
    It was quite a bit lower than the actual stats and revenue for my site as well...
    Maybe it was accurate when the site was 3-4 months old...
    But way off the mark now...

I'm not selling mine either... But If I had yours I'd burn mine! LOL
    Your site is a monster and you are the Big Kahuna of Plumbing Websites...

That site is just one that can be used.

You can get better stats on the IP closer to your provider.

Terry does very good.

He be the Man for sure.

Thanks Terry.

Happy Green Beer day.

What I don't understand, is why anyone would look up what someone is making or looking up someone's stats. If anyone is really interested in buying a site, it to me, would be like buying a house, talk to the owner privately, or the agency, even then, most things will remain private & can't be disclosed. I pay extra to keep my checks & balances private.