Washer drain and sink in basement

Users who are viewing this thread

rosem637

Reaction score
Want to setup the washer/dryer/laundry sink in my basement. Does the below setup look good to go?

Attachments

• was.jpg
    was.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 421
  • was1.JPG
    was1.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 609

rosem637

Reaction score
or drain sink into the washer branch

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image (2).JPG
    New Bitmap Image (2).JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 319

rosem637

Reaction score
what about this get rid of the laundry tub and put in a toilet and lav sink. Use the lav drain as a wet vent for the toilet??

Attachments

• 1625s.jpg
    1625s.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 361

Hammerlane

Reaction score
what about this get rid of the laundry tub and put in a toilet and lav sink. Use the lav drain as a wet vent for the toilet??

In the picture abovein post #3 why do you have the toilet drain running toward the west-southwest into the washer branch then into the main when the shorter distance is to the southeast directly into the main.

attached a compass rose for the navigationally challenged

Attachments

• 1625s.jpg
    1625s.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
How many more possibilities can you come up with? They are all "proper", but not necessarily the "best" designs. In fact, there are MANY ways it could be done properly, not just the ones you show, so it is a personal preference how you do it. The compass rose is immaterial in an isometric drawing, unless it is also "skewed" to show the pipe direction, The angles are mostly 30 and 60 degrees so there is no "southeast" diriection.

Last edited:

rosem637

Reaction score
In the picture abovein post #3 why do you have the toilet drain running toward the west-southwest into the washer branch then into the main when the shorter distance is to the southeast directly into the main.

because I can use the lav sink as a wet vent. if I go to the SE as you say with the toilet drain I still have to vent the toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks