can I use a second hand rain soft water system

Users who are viewing this thread

mrginas

Reaction score
I live in central Fl and my water is very hard. my daughter lives in SC and she bought a home in 2006 .It had a rainsoft water system in stalled in the home . There was only one person living in the home before my daughter bought the house. my daughter had the system disconnected when she had a new water heater installed the same year she moved in. With that said, I was wondering if I would be able to use the system in my home. she told me to take it . Is it worth my while to have it hooked up? Its been sitting in her garage since 2006, not hooked up.I figure it only had about 5 or 6 years of use. Is there any downside to using this older system? The only part that is a dated is the clock on the top of the tank, its a mechanical, not digital timer. do they have to do anything to the tanks? The thing looks almost new. What do you think they would charge to reinstall the system? thank you very much for taking the time to read this post.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
The older style Rainsofts are no longer in production so it depends on the model whether it's worth hooking up. Pictures would help.

mrginas

Reaction score
thank you for looking at my post..I will as soon as possible get some photos for you to take a look...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks