Hey Don or anybody else that may be familiar with these items: I need to make some long wired runs for security cameras, maybe 400 feet or so and was going to use RG59 siamese cable, but then saw that there are balun transformers made for the purpose that utilize the cheaper and maybe better" Ethernet cable. They come in varieties that are passive and others that use a power "wall wart" that plug into them to feed the camera power at the camera end.
In the past, I've used CCTV cameras with BNC connectors and extension cable for them up to 120' long

Any brands or models to suggest using and or avoid?

Your advice is appreciated