Red Juice is not Performing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Flushman

Reaction score
I recently got some "Red Juice" and I put it in the bowl of my toilet, and now the toilet is stained under the waterline. I used SOS pads trying to get it off, but it has left a nasty blackish stain. Do you have any ideas of how to get rid of the stain? :confused: By the way the Aquia Cst414M looks like a ferrari. :eek:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would never use steel wool on porcelain.

You might try some bowl cleaners that are sold in the cleaning section of the food stores.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I also am disappointed with red juice after using it around the kitchen. Now I won't get the stuff near my new toilet(s).
Im experimenting with the Teflon clorox (for maintainence cleaning) that Terry suggested.

Im a big believer in surfactants after using Rain-X on my car windshield for 5 years now.
In many cases I do NOT need to use my windshield wipers in the rain.
It's that good at repelling water.

That Oxyclean stuff is amazing.
I used a concentrated mix to clean a 3 year old grease outside BBQ drip pan with
baked on thick filth which I thought was hopeless.
Cleaned it down to bare paint in about 2 minutes after 2 scrubbings.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Flushman

Reaction score
You don't know "Red Juice"!

How could you not know "Red juice"?! Everyone is constantly talking about Red Juice's amazing toilet-cleaning abilities! :mad: Jeez!

The Flushman :cool:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If you can't get the stain out call the company and complain. Maybe they will buy you a new toilet. Is there a warning on the lable?

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I tried Red Juice on numerous types of household dirt, grime and stains. "Cleaned" my microwave with it-now it's one big grease smear. Worse! Dumped it down the drain and filled the bottle with water and vinegar.

It's this happy smiling independent "green" product. Ingredients do include
I believe some organic oils. And in case you wondered they do make...
Blue Juice (for windows). arghh.

"Whirlpool Microwave Cleaner" contains an industrial solvent that can be used safely on many surfaces. It's Glycolether. Haven't used it in the bathroom but
it will clean any synthetic/glass surface better than anything I've ever used.
It's under 4 dollars from Whirlpool website.
Cursory research reveals that it is used by electronics manufacturers, commercial carpet cleaners and others.
It IS a solvent (no odor) so I wouldnt go around spraying your car with this stuff.

Buying this red crap is a really good lesson in not taking internet recommendations without doing the research before buying.
So...why is my recommendation different? Because it's single ingredient is a solvent that has been used for over 80 years in industry.

"Look it up" -Yogi Berra

Mike

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
steel wool

Terry said:
I would never use steel wool on porcelain.

I would not either. UNFORTUNATELY, I was not always smart enough to know that! Many years ago, I had the bright idea to try and clean a stain on a shower tile. Steel wool takes the glaze right down to a dirty, rough matte finish! A toilet is probably harder than a wall tile, but don't do it!
Even SOS, which is superfine, and is used on kitchen sinks, I would not use it.

What you can use on toilets very effectively is pumice sticks. These are very effecive on mineral buildups and rust , and as far as I know are completely safe for porcelain.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Mike50 said:
I also am disappointed with red juice after using it around the kitchen. Now I won't get the stuff near my new toilet(s).
I'm experimenting with the Teflon Clorox (for maintenance cleaning) that Terry suggested.

I'm
a big believer in surfactants after using Rain-X on my car windshield for 5 years now.
In many cases I do NOT need to use my windshield wipers in the rain.
It's that good at repelling water.

That Oxyclean stuff is amazing.
I used a concentrated mix to clean a 3 year old grease outside BBQ drip pan with
baked on thick filth which I thought was hopeless.
Cleaned it down to bare paint in about 2 minutes after 2 scrubbings.

Mike

Rain X is a coating / microscopic hole filler, not a surfactant. Just FYI.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling we must be talking about at least 2 different products. I've been using the "Red Juice" offered through The Clean Team for about 7 years. I don't see how this stuff could possibly permanently stain a toilet (or anything else, for that matter). It is a water-based cleaner which can be used for laundry stain removal (including whites).

In terms of degreasing, in its undiluted form, this stuff has been used to degrease diesel engines, and I've used it to clean everything from toilets to greasy stovetops to carpet with great success. It's cheap, too, if you buy it concentrated and mix it yourself. It does work best if you use it the way the Clean Team recommends -- using cotton napkins rather than paper towels, and without rinsing -- just spray and wipe.

I have no financial interest in the company or its products -- just want to put in my 2 cents worth on what I think is a great product.

Flushman

Reaction score
Hey! Do you think the flushman is too stupid to know what I've bought? I'm getting really angry cuz everybody thinks it's a big shit stain on my toilet!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Hey, your getting a little rude. You still didn't say if you called the company.

Flushman

Reaction score
Sorry

Sorry If I'm getting rude, it's just that I'm trying to sell my house, and I'm getting stressed because this THING looks really bad! :( Anyways, to answer your question, I did call the company and they put me through after an hour of waiting. /but sadly they can't refund it or anything.

Kstuart

Reaction score
jimbo said:
IWhat you can use on toilets very effectively is pumice sticks. These are very effecive on mineral buildups and rust , and as far as I know are completely safe for porcelain.

I doubt that - they are highly abrasive !

UPDATE: Toto specifically says not to use pumice sticks:
any powders or abrasives
(such as a pumice block) and any cleaning agents containing high
concentrations of chlorine, bleach, or ammonia will damage the general or
CEFIONTECT coating on a TOTO toilet with prolonged use

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Flushman said:
Sorry If I'm getting rude, it's just that I'm trying to sell my house, and I'm getting stressed because this THING looks really bad! :( Anyways, to answer your question, I did call the company and they put me through after an hour of waiting. /but sadly they can't refund it or anything.

Most normal people would not spend an hour on the phone whining about stains in their toilet. They would understand that enough effort was taken initially to clean it, it failed miserably, time to call a plumber and replace it and be done with it. Less effort and the finished result is a good one. But that would be too easy wouldn't it? Carry on........

Flushman

Reaction score
RUGGED said:
Most normal people would not spend an hour on the phone whining about stains in their toilet. They would understand that enough effort was taken initially to clean it, it failed miserably, time to call a plumber and replace it and be done with it. Less effort and the finished result is a good one. But that would be too easy wouldn't it? Carry on........

Hey buddy, don't you realize, that to replace my toilet would be $200+ ! I mean, maybe you're rich, but not everybody can just go out and buy a new toilet at any point in time. :mad: You're a disgrace.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks