(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cloudy water

Well Drilling/Service justwater's Avatar

people, dont let these drillers get away with a bad well that doesnt pump clear water!! there was a time you could call his water management district and they likely would MAKE him correct the well, but now you've waited too long. blows my mind, slightest thing seems weird on my job and the phone blows up, his well pumps junk 2 yrs and hey whatever...

just fyi theres a type of well around here where casing is set past the first rock, through that water zone and seated in clay underneath it.. then open hole is drilled through clay down to coarse sand. blow a pocket out, pull up rods and blow inside casing... crystal clear. might have 100' casing and be 260'. open hole through clay and no screen. have done many. not saying thats what he has here, just that theres lots of different wells and ways to make them.. so i agree, it would really help if he could tell us a little more about it.

i think the well was wrong from the jump. short-cased, casing not seated, something.. but thats a guess because we have no idea how it was constructed. he should make it right but i doubt he will, i probably wouldnt either after 2 yrs. what is the drillers explanation of the dirty water?
    Last edited by justwater; 02-22-2013 at 07:58 AM.

The driller may not have set pipe in glacial till, but he may have set pipe in soft sandstone that is being eroded by the action of the water in the well.

Again, a camera survey of the well will probably answer the questions.