New Moen shower valve won't shut fully off

Users who are viewing this thread

mwarchut

Reaction score
Good day from Northern California

My wife and I have been long time DIY folk, 20+ years now. We are currently renovating our guest bahtroom down on the lower level of the house. It had rather ancient Speakman shower valve and my wife wanted to modernize the look a bit so we picked up a Moen shower set. I finished sweating in the shower and we turned up the water to the house. Yay for no leaks, except the valve doesn't seem to turn all the way off. It drips badly in the off position. Ideas on why a new valve would be doing this?

Thanks

Mike

Hackneyplumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
What Terry said for sure. You could remove the cartridge and flush the lines out/wash the cartridge off and try it again. If the cartridge is damaged you will need to replace the cartridge.
Goodluck!

mwarchut

Reaction score
My bad.. I did forget to remove the cartridge. However I did pull the cartridge and happened to have another cartridge in a box in the garage. Replacing it did the trick. Thanks for the ideas guys. I love the website. With 2 more bathroom renovations on the horizon I am sure to be stopping in for ideas and assistance.

Thanks again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks