where'd the refill tube go...?

Users who are viewing this thread

NotWired

Reaction score
Two days ago the toilet suddenly clogged for no apparent reason. I was cleaning the bathroom, and after using the bowl brush I flushed & that was the the start (no-I didn't flush the brush!).
I have used a plunger a zillion times (maybe over time a clog developed? what do I know?).
I have cleaned those holes under the rim of the bowl.
And after realizing the water was outrageously blue, not the normal pale blue from the drop in cleaner, I searched the web...little did I know it, but there's a whole community out there whose toilets are suffering the ravages of those blue cleaners! They are the secret culprit to many flushing problems. So I cleaned the tank.
And I used palmolive (I never knew everyone did that, either!), poured water in, snaked, etc. Nothing. Except a toilet full of soap bubbles.
All that, & still, when I flush, the water comes up almost to the edge (!),then eventually goes down, & doesn't refill.
And I finally noticed last nite-after only staring at diagrams of toilets for 2 days!-that the toilet has no refill tube.
Where did it go? Is this the problem? I see how it could account for the bowl not re-filling, but what about the high water when flushing?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

Your toilet is plugged, even though you have snaked it and done all the other things that probably did nothing anyway. Whether you have a refill tube or not depends on the design of the toilet.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well, I haven't seen it happen, but it is not too much of a stretch to think that the refill tube became loose and then flushed!.. If so it may have clogged the passage. A toilet augur should bring it back.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

If that had happened he would have a "jet" of water hitting the side of the tank and splashing onto the floor. More than likely he has a low profile, Kohler, Case/Briggs, etc. toilet that does not use a refill tube.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks